Explaining HPA 2022: Network Management (NET)
Explaining HPA 2022: Network Management (NET)
This live course is a thorough examination of the HPA standards for Network Management (NET).
Faculty will give participants guidance for interpreting the requirements, navigating the standards and avoiding misconceptions, and will facilitate brief activities that simulate addressing requirements.
This course is appropriate for all professionals with a direct or indirect stake in NCQA Accreditation.
This course presents information based on HPA 2022 standard requirements and its contents apply directly to NCQA Accreditation Surveys conducted between July 1, 2022, and June 30, 2023. For courses pertaining to Delegation requirements, use “Delegation” to search NCQA courses at ncqa.org/education.
To inquire about group training rates, complete our online form.
- Evaluating adequacy of networks.
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Demonstrating timeliness for network decisions.
- Assessing out-of-network utilization.
- Measuring effectiveness of interventions.
- Improving survey readiness and performance.
Benefits and Resources
- Presentation slides.
- Recording of live session.
- Live Q&A.
- Scenarios for applied learning.
- NCQA surveyor’s perspective of the standards.
- ACCME Credits for clinicians.
- Clinicians, directors, managers, specialists and coordinators.
- Consultants, contractors, delegates and vendors.
- Health plans and managed care organizations.
- Professionals in provider relations.
- Professionals in population health or public health.
- Professionals in compliance, public policy or risk management.
- Professionals in quality assurance/improvement or performance measurement.
- Explain the intent of the HPA NET standards.
- Define performance issues and target results within the scope of requirements.
- Describe relationships and themes across NET elements.
- Discuss requirement implications and considerations for stakeholders.
- Critique examples and scenarios to enhance application.
Frank H. Stelling, M.Ed, MPH
Mr. Stelling is a Senior Consultant with The Mihalik Group. Prior to joining the Mihalik Group, he was Assistant Director, Accreditation Policy at NCQA for 14 years. Mr. Stelling oversaw the Policy Clarification Support System (PCS), a web-based tool for customers to ask questions of Policy Accreditation staff concerning all NCQA Accreditation and Certification programs. He also directed all education efforts out of the Policy Accreditation unit. In addition, Mr. Stelling was the lead on all federal and state deeming activities, including the Medicare Deeming program.
Mr. Stelling is also an NCQA surveyor and has been part of survey teams for the accreditation of Health Plans, Managed Behavioral Health Organizations. Disease Management Organizations and other organizations for over 17 years. Mr. Stelling has over 40 years of experience in health care with focus on Preventive Services, Disease Management and Quality Improvement.
Before joining NCQA, he held management positions with state and county health departments, hospitals, voluntary health organizations and a managed care organization. He holds a Master of Education from the University of South Carolina and a Master of Public Health from the University of California, Berkeley.
In support of improving patient care, the National Committee for Quality Assurance is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA), the American Psychological Association (APA), and the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) to provide Interprofessional Continuing Education for the healthcare team.
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive 3.0 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
This educational activity is approved for: 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM, ANA CNE, APA, ACPE and ASWB ACE.
The assigned universal program number: JA0004597-0000-21-012-L04-P. Upon successful completion of this program (attending the full session and completing a program evaluation), participants will access CPE Monitor on the ACPE website to locate and track their CPE statement of credit.
This live webinar grants 2.0 other Continuing Education Unit (CEU) points for PCMH Certified Content Experts.
* Please note – You must attend the entire program to be eligible for total number of contact hours.
- 3.00 AAPA
- 3.00 ACPE
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.00 ANCC
- 3.00 APA
- 3.00 ASWB
- 3.00 IPCE
- 1.00 Participation
- 2.00 PCMH CCE