The Future of HEDIS - Episode 11
The Future of HEDIS: Digital Measures and Health Equity
The first episode in 2021 of The Future of HEDIS webinar series will address:
- Digital Measures: The what, why and when of our ideas for Electronic Clinical Data Systems (ECDS) reporting.
- Health Equity: Using HEDIS to address disparities.
The future of HEDIS focuses on 6 core ideas:
- Allowable Adjustments: New flexibility lets users modify measures without changing their clinical intent.
- Licensing and Certification: Updated requirements ensure accuracy of measure results.
- Digital Measures: HEDIS specifications that download directly into users’ data systems bring new ease.
- Electronic Clinical Data Systems (ECDS): This new reporting method helps clinical data create insight for managing the health of individuals and groups.
- Schedule Change: A new schedule gives users more time by giving them complete measure specs sooner—11 months earlier than the traditional timeline.
- Telehealth: The access to care that telehealth has brought Americans during the COVID-19 pandemic is vital to quality now and after the pandemic.
Learn where HEDIS is headed in this webinar series
- Episode 1 – The Basics: July 12, 2019
Get the recording, slides and transcript in our archives below.
- Episode 2 – Answering Common Questions: September 27, 2019
Get answers to common questions about digital measures, ECDS and more. See our archives below.
- Episode 3 – Let’s Get Technical: Digital Measures & ECDS: October 30, 2019
The discussion gets more technical. See our archives below.
- Episode 4 – 2019 Year in Review: What’s New & What’s Next: December 10, 2019
Recap of what’s new for HEDIS as well as a look ahead. See our archives below.
- Episode 5 – FHIR® in Our Future: HEDIS and New Data Standards: February 24, 2020
Discussion of Why FHIR and what NCQA is considering. See our archives below.
- Episode 6 – Telehealth and the Future of Quality: June 29, 2020.
Discussion on telehealth’s rapid rise during COVID-19 and its implications for quality. See our archives below.
- Episode 7 – Emerging Strategies for Telehealth, HEDIS and NCQA Products: September 24, 2020
Discussion on telehealth, HEDIS and NCQA’s products. See our archives below.
- Episode 8 – Digital Measures and Health Equity: February 24, 2021
Discussion on digital measures and health equity. See our archives below.
- Episode 9 – Health Equity: June 22, 2021
Discussion on using HEDIS to address health disparities.
- Episode 10 – Future of HEDIS During and After the Pandemic: September 30, 2021
Discussion on the future of HEDIS during and after the pandemic. See our archives below.
- Episode 11 – Future of HEDIS: Better Data, Better Measures, Better Care: March 2, 2022
Discussion on our plan to fully digitalize HEDIS and our new plans for evolving measurement.
Margaret E. O'Kane,
Executive Vice President, Research & Analysis
Vice President, Performance Measurement
Senior Health Care Analyst
Director, Electronic Clinical Measurement Strategy