Population Outreach: Delivering Preventative Care by Design & Tools for a Busy Practice
Population Health Management is a PCMH standard:
- Competency C: The practice proactively addresses the care needs of the patient population to ensure needs are met.
- KM 12 (Core): Proactively and routinely identifies populations of patients and reminds them, or their families/caregivers about needed services.
Primary Care Practices struggle to develop a strategy to deliver preventive care services. This presentation will discuss strategies to deliver preventive care that is effective with best practices examples.
Care Team Members at primary care practices, including:
- Primary Care Practice Teams
- Transformational Leaders
- PCMH Certified Content Experts
At the conclusion of the module, participants will have the knowledge they need to:
- Discuss how to plan and structure effective delivery of wellness & preventive services in a busy clinical practice.
- Discuss how to create triggers, reach-out, rooming processes, quality champion teams and population health strategy in clinic.
- Discuss how to implement multiple layers of safety to ensure preventive services delivery.
Eyad Al-hihi, MD, MBA, FACP, PCMH CCE
Chief Ambulatory Officer, Vice Chairman, Associate Professor of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine
University of Kansas Health System
This On Demand event provides "Other CCE Continuing Education" maintenance of certification credit (2 points) for PCMH CCEs.
This is a non-CME/CNE activity.
- 1.00 Participation
- 2.00 PCMH CCE