The Future of HEDIS - Episode 8
The Future of HEDIS: Digital Measures and Health Equity
The first episode in 2021 of The Future of HEDIS webinar series will address:
- Digital Measures: The what, why and when of our ideas for Electronic Clinical Data Systems (ECDS) reporting.
- Health Equity: Using HEDIS to address disparities.
The future of HEDIS focuses on 6 core ideas:
- Allowable Adjustments: New flexibility lets users modify measures without changing their clinical intent.
- Licensing and Certification: Updated requirements ensure accuracy of measure results.
- Digital Measures: HEDIS specifications that download directly into users’ data systems bring new ease.
- Electronic Clinical Data Systems (ECDS): This new reporting method helps clinical data create insight for managing the health of individuals and groups.
- Schedule Change: A new schedule gives users more time by giving them complete measure specs sooner—11 months earlier than the traditional timeline.
- Telehealth: The access to care that telehealth has brought Americans during the COVID-19 pandemic is vital to quality now and after the pandemic.
Learn where HEDIS is headed in this webinar series
- Episode 1 – The Basics: July 12, 2019
Get the recording, slides and transcript in our archives below.
- Episode 2 – Answering Common Questions: September 27, 2019
Get answers to common questions about digital measures, ECDS and more. See our archives below.
- Episode 3 – Let’s Get Technical: Digital Measures & ECDS: October 30, 2019
The discussion gets more technical. See our archives below.
- Episode 4 – 2019 Year in Review: What’s New & What’s Next: December 10, 2019
Recap of what’s new for HEDIS as well as a look ahead. See our archives below.
- Episode 5 – FHIR® in Our Future: HEDIS and New Data Standards: February 24, 2020
Discussion of Why FHIR and what NCQA is considering. See our archives below.
- Episode 6 – Telehealth and the Future of Quality: June 29, 2020.
Discussion on telehealth’s rapid rise during COVID-19 and its implications for quality. See our archives below.
- Episode 7 – Emerging Strategies for Telehealth, HEDIS and NCQA Products: September 24, 2020
Discussion on telehealth, HEDIS and NCQA’s products. See our archives below.
- Episode 8 – Digital Measures and Health Equity: February 24, 2021
Discussion on digital measures and health equity. See our archives below.
Margaret E. O'Kane,
Michael S. Barr, MD
NCQA Executive Vice President
Senior Health Care Analyst
Rachel L. Harrington. PhD