The Future of HEDIS - Episode 1
The Future of HEDIS: Episode 1
The Basics: July 12, 2019
The future of HEDIS focuses on 5 core ideas:
- Allowable Adjustments: New flexibility lets users modify measures without changing their clinical intent.
- Licensing and Certification: Updated requirements ensure accuracy of measure results.
- Digital Measures: HEDIS specifications that download directly into users’ data systems bring new ease.
- Electronic Clinical Data Systems (ECDS): This new reporting method helps clinical data create insight for managing the health of individuals and groups.
- Schedule Change: A new schedule gives users more time by giving them complete measure specs sooner—11 months earlier than the current timeline.
Learn where HEDIS is headed in this webinar series:
- Episode 1 – The Basics: July 12, 2019
Why are we doing this and why now?.
- Episode 2 – Answering Common Questions: September 27, 2019
Get answers to common questions about digital measures, ECDS and more.
- Episode 3 – Let’s Get Technical: Digital Measures & ECDS: October 30, 2019
The discussion gets more technical.
- Episode 4 – 2019 Year in Review: What’s New & What’s Next: December 10, 2019
Recap of what’s new for HEDIS as well as a look ahead.
- Episode 5 – FHIR® in Our Future: HEDIS and New Data Standards: February 24, 2020
Discussion of Why FHIR and what NCQA is considering.
Peggy O’Kane, NCQA President
Michael Barr, NCQA EVP, Quality Management and Research Group