Explaining HPA 2023: Member Experience (ME)
This course is open for Pre-registration. Content will be available in October.
Early Bird rate: $299 until August 22, 2022
Regular rate: $349 after August 22, 2022
Day One: Tuesday, October 4, 2022; 1:00pm-2:30pm ET
Day Two: Wednesday, October 5, 2022; 1:00pm-2:30pm ET
Explaining Health Plan Accreditation 2023: Member Experience (ME)
NCQA Health Plan Accreditation is the only program in the industry that bases results on clinical performance and consumer experience (HEDIS® and CAHPS®).
This live, multi-day course webinar leads participants through an end-to-end examination of the Health Plan Accreditation standards for Member Experience (ME). Through this webinar, faculty provides participants with insight to interpret the requirements, navigate the standards, and avoid misconceptions. In addition to answering live questions from participants, faculty addresses scenarios and examples based on performance improvement opportunities from prior NCQA surveys.
Please note, this course presents information based on Health Plan Accreditation 2023 standard requirements that are released in July 2022. The scope of this course applies directly to NCQA Accreditation Surveys conducted between July 1, 2023, and June 30, 2024.
To inquire about group training rates, complete our online form.
- Communicating benefits with clarity and accuracy.
- Distributing subscriber information.
- Measuring quality an accuracy of communications.
- Supporting members with benefit-related decisions.
- Improving survey readiness and performance.
Benefits and Resources
- Presentation slides.
- Recording of live session.
- Live Q&A.
- Scenarios for applied learning.
- NCQA surveyor’s perspective of the standards.
- IPCE Credits for physicians, nurses, and pharmacists.
Clinicians, executives, managers, specialists, consultants, delegates and vendors who are employed or contracted by health plans with responsibilities pertaining to the scope of work listed below:
- Case Management.
- Compliance or Risk Management.
- Population Health Management of Public Health.
- Quality Assurance/Improvement or Performance Management.
- Contracts Management.
- Health Information Systems.
- Interpret the intent of Health Plan Accreditation requirements for ME Standards.
- Describe relationships and themes across ME Standards.
- Recognize requirement implications and considerations for stakeholders.
- Define performance improvement opportunities.
HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
Veronica Locke, MHSA
Veronica Locke is a consultant for The Mihalik Group, providing healthcare-related consulting services. Her areas of expertise include quality assessment and improvement; Credentialing; Delegation; Disease Management; Accreditation/Certification; Population Health Management; Multicultural Health Care.
Veronica is the former Senior Manager of Accreditation Policy for the National Committee for Quality Assurance. She was actively involved in the development and maintenance of the standards and guidelines of NCQA's Accreditation and Certification programs, specifically Health Plan, Disease Management and Multicultural Health Care Distinction programs. As a member of the Policy team, one of her major responsibilities was to serve as a content champion when providing policy clarifications and trainings internally and externally.
She received her Bachelor of Science Degree in Public Health from the University of Maryland, College Park and her Master of Health Systems Administration Degree from Georgetown University in Washington, DC.
In support of improving patient care, the National Committee for Quality Assurance is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide Interprofessional Continuing Education for the healthcare team.
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive 3.0 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
This educational activity is approved for: 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM.
This educational activity is approved for 3.0 nursing contact hours.*
This live course grants 2.0 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) points for PCMH Certified Content Experts.
* Please note – You must attend the entire program to be eligible for total number of contact hours.
- 3.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 3.00 ANCC
- 3.00 IPCE
- 1.00 Participation
- 2.00 PCMH CCE