Advanced Delegation: Maintaining Successful Relationships
Day 1: May 18, 2021, 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm (ET)
Day 2: May 19, 2021, 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm (ET)
Advanced Delegation: Establishing and Maintaining Successful Relationships
The purpose of this course is to elevate the level of understanding and agreement between health plans and delegates in order to promote a successful relationship. Participants are expected to have a working knowledge of Delegations standards for Health Plan Accreditation (HPA). Stakeholders who are new to HPA Standards are encouraged to complete the introductory course "Explaining HPA Standards for Delegation" prior to attending this workshop.
Note: Each individual must register as a unique participant. For inquires regarding group training rates, please complete our online form.
If you are unable to attend this live session, register here for the upcoming OnDemand course.
This course is geared towards directors, manager, specialists, coordinators, consultants, contractors, and other professionals, who have been a stake in the scope of work for:
- Accreditation and Quality Assurance
- Case Management and Utilization Management
- Compliance and Regulation
- Contracting and Procurement
- Credentialing and Provider Relations
- Performance and Quality Management
- Population Health Management
- Risk Management
- Construct a strategy to maintain or enhance a successful delegation relationship.
- Evaluate how to prepare and present delegation information for an NCQA survey.
- Demonstrate understanding of content and attributes for delegation agreements.
- Critique scenarios for effective delegation management.
- Exchange pragmatic practices pertaining to delegation and the delegation process.
In addition to the learning objectives, the scope of the agenda includes the following:
- Delegation Overview.
- Oversight Functions.
- Delegation Agreements.
- Providing Member Data to the Delegate(s).
- Relationship Building in Delegation.
- Preparing for an NCQA Survey.
Veronica Locke, MHSA
Veronica Locke is a consultant for The Mihalik Group, providing healthcare-related consulting services. Her areas of expertise include quality assessment and improvement; Credentialing; Delegation; Disease Management; Accreditation/Certification; Population Health Management; Multicultural Health Care.
Veronica is the former Senior Manager of Accreditation Policy for the National Committee for Quality Assurance. She was actively involved in the development and maintenance of the standards and guidelines of NCQA's Accreditation and Certification programs, specifically Health Plan, Disease Management and Multicultural Health Care Distinction programs. As a member of the Policy team, one of her major responsibilities was to serve as a content champion when providing policy clarifications and trainings internally and externally.
She received her Bachelor of Science Degree in Public Health from the University of Maryland, College Park and her Master of Health Systems Administration Degree from Georgetown University in Washington, DC.
This is a non AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM, AAPA Prescribed Credit, ANA CNE, APA, ACPE and ASWB ACE activity.
- 1.00 Participation