Leveraging Person-Driven Outcomes Standardized Measurement..
Leveraging Person-Driven Outcomes, Standardized Measurement, & Provider Championship to Improve Health Performance
Through identification of and effective responses to barriers to change and respectful communication, embedded provider champions (physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner) became advocates of chronic condition management best practices specifically and of the PCMH framework in general. Principal findings included: 1.) BP control rates differed between champion and nonchampion practices and between levels of champion practice engagement; 2.) champion practices demonstrated significantly lower “no-read” rates; and 3.) mean systolic BP readings were statistically significantly different in patients of champion vs. nonchampion practices. Analysis also highlighted the beneficial effect for Black non-Hispanic patients. Cerebralvascular accident, coronary heart disease and all-cause mortalities were positively affected by the BP control achieved by champion practices. This work provided an important foundation for addressing more complex aspects of condition management, such as stage 2 hypertension.
• health care professional
• health care decision maker
• Health plans
• Health systems
• Managed behavioral healthcare organizations
• Population health organizations
• Wellness organization leverages within federal, states, and employers
• Community-based organizations
• Health systems
• Outpatient providers
• Define, understand the benefits of and be able to operationalize person-driven outcomes
• Define, understand the benefits of and be able to operationalize standardized measurement of a key performance indicator
• Define, understand the benefits of and be able to operationalize provider performance improvement champions
HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
Dr. Thomas Arnone
R. Anthony Minervino, Jr. Master of Public Administration,
Master of Science, Institute for Healthcare Improvement Advisor,
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt, NCQA PCMH CCE, Healthcare Operations Administrator
This live course grants 1.0 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) points for PCMH Certified Content Experts.
* Please note – You must attend the entire program to be eligible for total number of contact hours.
- 1.00 Participation
- 1.00 PCMH CCE