The Future of HEDIS - Episode 3
The Future of HEDIS: Episode 3
Let’s Get Technical: Digital Measures & ECDS: October 30, 2019
The future of HEDIS focuses on 5 core ideas:
- Allowable Adjustments: New flexibility lets users modify measures without changing their clinical intent.
- Licensing and Certification: Updated requirements ensure accuracy of measure results.
- Digital Measures: HEDIS specifications that download directly into users’ data systems bring new ease.
- Electronic Clinical Data Systems (ECDS): This new reporting method helps clinical data create insight for managing the health of individuals and groups.
- Schedule Change: A new schedule gives users more time by giving them complete measure specs sooner—11 months earlier than the current timeline.
Learn where HEDIS is headed in this webinar series:
- Episode 1 – The Basics: July 12, 2019
Why are we doing this and why now?.
- Episode 2 – Answering Common Questions: September 27, 2019
Get answers to common questions about digital measures, ECDS and more.
- Episode 3 – Let’s Get Technical: Digital Measures & ECDS: October 30, 2019
The discussion gets more technical.
- Episode 4 – 2019 Year in Review: What’s New & What’s Next: December 10, 2019
Recap of what’s new for HEDIS as well as a look ahead.
- Episode 5 – FHIR® in Our Future: HEDIS and New Data Standards: February 24, 2020
Discussion of Why FHIR and what NCQA is considering.
Peggy O’Kane, NCQA President
Michael Barr, NCQA EVP, Quality Management and Research Group
Ben Hamlin, NCQA Senior Research Informaticist
Ann Marie Smith, NCQA Director of Measure Validation